26 Weeks

I'm 26 weeks along in my pregnancy! Only 14 weeks to go. Our baby girl is 14" long from head to toe and she weighs almost 2 pounds! I'm feeling great, just a little tired.

I realized that I haven't posted any pictures from our last ultrasound, so I'll do that now. These were taken when I was 20 weeks along. This was the day we found out that we were having a girl! I had convinced myself that we were having a boy, so I was actually quite surprised to find out that I'm going to have a daughter!





At this stage the baby doesn't have a lot of fat yet, so they tend to look somewhat skeletal. The ultrasound technician said that little kids who see these ultrasounds say that the babies look like Gollum, haha.

John recorded the whole ultrasound. He put some of it into a youtube video. If you're interested in seeing this here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3aE2AgWBs
(Please excuse my camera awkwardness if you do watch this)

I can't wait to see what our little girl will look like when she's born! I'm sure she'll be the cutest thing in the world.

We haven't made too many big purchases for the baby, but we have been buying clothes. I just can't resist the ones with cute little animal prints and ruffles on the back. Here is what I have bought so far (notice the variety of animals):










Fortunately for us, we've also been given a lot of baby clothes from our sisters-in-law (Kathryn, Tori, and Jenn). These tubs are filled with clothes:

Now our baby girl needs some cute hair accessories! I haven't bought any yet because I'm hoping that I can make some myself. We'll see how that goes!




Comments

Popular Posts