Plaid, Purple Lips, and Tip Tuesday









Top: American Eagle // Cardigan: Forever 21 (similar here) // Jeans: Target // Shoes: Mossimo via Poshmark  (similar here and here) // Necklace: Forever 21 (similar here)


With this blog, I have aimed to show that you can dress cutely and on trend without spending a fortune and having to sell your firstborn child. I do believe that certain items are worth more of an investment but there are many things that don't need to be.  I am a serious deal hunter. I figured that it might be a good idea to share some tips for how I find amazing deals. So, it is with great pleasure that I announce the birth of "Tip Tuesday."

The silver shoes I'm wearing in this post are the inspiration for today's tip. When I started searching for a pair of silver shoes, I found that the cheapest ones were from eBay and Target. I didn't trust the quality/comfort of the eBay shoes and since I've had good experiences with shoes from Target, I decided to go with them. The only problem was they didn't have my size. Why does this always seem to happen when I finally make a decision? Anyway, I didn't give up there. I tried to find these Mossimo shoes on eBay. None in my size again. Bummer. After a little more searching I finally found a pair my size on Poshmark. I could have cried. Ok, not really but it was pretty dang exciting.

What's Poshmark, you ask? It's a site/app where you can shop the closets of other people. People will generally tell you the condition of the items and sometimes even how many times they've worn them. The silver shoes I found had never been worn which was a major bonus. Also, I haggled down to $15 plus $5 shipping. It ended up being cheaper that they would have originally been at Target!

Moral of the story is, if you really love something but it sells out in the store, you don't have to experience the sadness and frustration that accompanies this! Wipe away those tears and check out a used site like eBay, Poshmark, Threadflip, or Blogger's Closet.

Linking up with: Monday Bloom, Funday Monday, Monday Must HavesStyle Sessions, Stylish Tuesday, I Feel Pretty, What I Wore, WIWW, Three-fer Thursday, Tres-chic Fashion Thursday, Look What I Got

Get the Look

Comments

Popular Posts