Testing the Limits








Top: H&M (similar here and here) // Vest: Old Navy (other colors here, maternity version here) // Jeans: Target // Boots: Shoe Carnival (similar here)


I've reached the point in this pregnancy where I'm really testing the limits of my non-maternity clothes. In fact, I finally brought myself to sort through my closet and eliminate the items that could not be justifiably worn anymore. You can only stretch a shirt so much before it looks ridiculous... and you risk tearing it. Fortunately, when I wore this striped turtleneck a few weeks ago, my belly was comfortably contained within it. I know that horizontal stripes tend to make you look bigger, but I think the effect is minimized when your sides are concealed with a vest or cardigan. I'll take any opportunity to break out my vests.

Comments

  1. That's a great style tip! Adding in a vest can help to neutralize the widening effect of horizontal stripes. :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is adorable! I love the stripes and the vest, very cute look!!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day!

Popular Posts