December 15, 2014

Testing the Limits








Top: H&M (similar here and here) // Vest: Old Navy (other colors here, maternity version here) // Jeans: Target // Boots: Shoe Carnival (similar here)


I've reached the point in this pregnancy where I'm really testing the limits of my non-maternity clothes. In fact, I finally brought myself to sort through my closet and eliminate the items that could not be justifiably worn anymore. You can only stretch a shirt so much before it looks ridiculous... and you risk tearing it. Fortunately, when I wore this striped turtleneck a few weeks ago, my belly was comfortably contained within it. I know that horizontal stripes tend to make you look bigger, but I think the effect is minimized when your sides are concealed with a vest or cardigan. I'll take any opportunity to break out my vests.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great style tip! Adding in a vest can help to neutralize the widening effect of horizontal stripes. :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is adorable! I love the stripes and the vest, very cute look!!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day! I'll do my very best to reply to each one :)