Outfit Remixing and Hunny Buns






If you look beneath this mass of excellent and meaningful writing, you can see that this plaid button up and mint pencil skirt are items that I wear often. I know that many other bloggers wear all new things all the time but I don't think that is something that most of us can relate to. If I like something, I'm going to want to wear it multiple times. I think it's fun to remix items I own. It's even better when those items stay on trend for multiple seasons. Is a mint pencil skirt ever going to be inappropriate for spring? I certainly hope not. I don't want to live in that reality.

Plaid button down shirt: American Eagle (similar here) // Mint pencil skirt; Windsor (other colors here; similar here) // D'Orsay heels: Anne Klein (similar here) // Gold watch: Kate Spade // Aviator sunglasses: Ray-Ban // Pearl cluster necklace: Forever 21 (similar here)


If you look beneath this mass of excellent and meaningful writing, you can see that this plaid button up and mint pencil skirt are items that I wear often. I know that many other bloggers wear all new things all the time but I don't think that is something that most of us can relate to. If I like something, I'm going to want to wear it multiple times. I think it's fun to remix items I own. It's even better when those items stay on trend for multiple seasons. Is a mint pencil skirt ever going to be inappropriate for spring? I certainly hope not. I don't want to live in that reality.

I do have one complaint relating to this outfit. Button up shirts just aren't designed for women. The only way I can wear one that doesn't gape is to buy one at least two sizes up and then it is a baggy circus tent around my waist. I read an article about this issue and the solutions they suggested were taping down your chest or buying men's shirts. So basically, forget about looking like a woman. Know what isn't fair? This issue has been resolved for men. Check out these shirts here. Those are shirts with a zipper hidden underneath the buttons. Pretty sure I need that more than any dude. Too bad I don't have the skills to add those to my own shirts. I guess I'll have to start pulling a Mulan and bandage everything flat. Or I could just suck it up and pay to get my shirts tailored. Yeah, that's probably a better decision.

Speaking of Mulan, that is Eve's favorite movie at the moment. Consequently, Eve often assigns me to be different characters from the movie. Sometimes I'm Mushu, sometimes I'm Mulan, sometimes I'm Shang, but most often I'm Shan Yu (the bad guy.) Although I don't think I make a very convincing huge, evil man, it's worth playing these games with Eve to hear the lines from the movie that come out of her little two-year-old mouth. Hang around with her long enough and you're bound to hear "Let's go kick some Hunny buns!" There's also a pretty decent chance that she will bring a tiara or necklace over to you and will tell you with a bowed head and a great deal of sincerity, "This will bring your family honor." And then you will die from the intense cuteness. I'm sorry for that. It just can't be avoided.


Other ways I've worn: plaid button up
See post here
See post here
See post here














Other ways I've worn: mint pencil skirt
See post here
See post here
See post here


Linking up with: WIWW, What I Wore, I Feel Pretty, Random Wednesday, What I Wore Wednesday, Look What I Got, WIWT, Throw Back Thursday, Labour of Fashion, Fashion FilesConfident Twosday, Watch What I'm Wearing, Let It Shine, Mix It Monday, Sophisticated Style, Style to Inspire

Comments

  1. Great look! I love how you dressed up the casual plaid top with the pencil skirt!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly hope the mint pencil skirt stays around for multiple seasons. And I sympathize with the button up issue. I use double sided seamstress tape where my tops gap to keep them in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I'm definitely going to try that

      Delete
  3. Very cute casual look. Just discovered your blog and loving it. Would love for you to check out mine and follow me on Bloglovin :)

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll make sure to check it out :)

      Delete
  4. I love being able to mix and match my fashion. I'm trying to buy more versatile pieces that will go with everything rather than pieces that can only be used in one outfit. Thanks for linking up to Look What I Got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to do more of that too :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I too like to wear the clothes in my closet different ways. The fit and color of that mint skirt is fabulous!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! I love the look of button up shirts but I hate how they fit. No matter what I do there is always one spot that just doesn't fit right!

    However, I love your skit. I love the cool colors of the shirt with the soft warm mint. It's the perfect spring color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great look. FAB!

    Check out my new post
    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
    Posts online about USA, Hawaii, South Africa, London...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day!

Popular Posts