May 29, 2015

Petunia Pickle Bottom and Spotty Sunburn








Before Eve was born I decided that I didn't need a diaper bag. I had big handbags and that was basically the same thing, right? It didn't take very long for me to realize that I had come to the wrong conclusion. I could never find anything in the mass of baby items filling the interior of my bag. Plus there was the occasional bottle leakage that drove me crazy. I gave in and bought a cheap diaper bag from Walmart. It was a slight improvement. There were some pockets and there were bottle holders. Less bottle leakage but I still found that everything inside was a jumbled mess. Everything tended to fall out of those big interior pockets. The part of me that loves organization was dying every time I opened up that monstrosity of a diaper bag. I put up with it though, all the way until I didn't really need it anymore. When I found out I was pregnant with Lily, I threw that awful thing away and starting looking for something much nicer. I knew that it was worth spending the extra money to get a good bag. I fell in love with the Petunia Pickle Bottom bags but my husband was not in love with the price tag. I was determined to have one though, so I put it on my Christmas wish list. It was a very, very happy moment when I unwrapped that navy, embroidered beauty. So many interior pockets, bottle holders, a changing mat, and it can be worn as a backpack, a cross body, or on your shoulder. When I'm out by myself with my two littles, using it as a backpack makes things so much easier.

Green Eyelet Top: bought in Australia (similar here and here)// Jeggings: Theory via Nordstrom Rack // Plum Flats: Soda (similar here) // Diaper bag: Petunia Pickle Bottom // Floral Scarf: ?? (similar here) // Gold Watch: Kate Spade // Tassel Bracelet: Love Andrea's Closet


Before Eve was born I decided that I didn't need a diaper bag. I had big handbags and that was basically the same thing, right? It didn't take very long for me to realize that I had come to the wrong conclusion. I could never find anything in the mass of baby items filling the interior of my bag. Plus there was the occasional bottle leakage that drove me crazy. I gave in and bought a cheap diaper bag from Walmart. It was a slight improvement. There were some pockets and there were bottle holders. Less bottle leakage but I still found that everything inside was a jumbled mess. Everything tended to fall out of those big interior pockets. The part of me that loves organization was dying every time I opened up that monstrosity of a diaper bag. I put up with it though, all the way until I didn't really need it anymore. When I found out I was pregnant with Lily, I threw that awful thing away and starting looking for something much nicer. I knew that it was worth spending the extra money to get a good bag. I fell in love with the Petunia Pickle Bottom bags but my husband was not in love with the price tag. I was determined to have one though, so I put it on my Christmas wish list. It was a very, very happy moment when I unwrapped that navy, embroidered beauty. So many interior pockets, bottle holders, a changing mat, and it can be worn as a backpack, a cross body, or on your shoulder. When I'm out by myself with my two littles, using it as a backpack makes things so much easier.

And that is more than you ever wanted to hear about my diaper bag. So let me give you a very brief summary about my top:
It's green.
It's eyelet (that's pretty trendy right now).
It's comfy.
I bought it in Australia was I was fifteen.
I held on to it because I always get at least one compliment when I wear it.
It is not an effective barrier against mosquitoes (while taking these pictures I got a bite right where one of the holes was)
If you wear this top too often in the sun, you're going to get a very interesting, spotty tan.


Linking up with: Fab Favorites, Casual Friday, Favorite Fashion Friday, Passion 4 Fashion, Spotlight Weekly, WIWT, Labour of Fashion, Thursday Fashion Files, WIWW, What I Wore, I Feel Pretty, Trendy Wednesday, Style Saturday, Linkup with Lisa, Watch What I'm Wearing

21 comments:

  1. Love the casual look!

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable outfit! I love it!!!!

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you found the perfect bag! That mint color top looks really pretty on you.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mint top! And your hair looks great!
    xx
    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good! I love your bun too it makes your casual look a bit more elegant

    Raven

    simplesassysultry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! Love the top! :)
    http://priscillaeliodoro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVEEE your bun!!! You look so cute!
    Love your blog!

    www.theclosetcrush.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post, and such a cute baby.
    Love your look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try a faded jeans to look a tough chic and look super cool with that baby too! :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous!! Adorable baby girl XO! Thank you so much for sharing with #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/05/linkupwithlisa-19-refashioned-maxi.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day! I'll do my very best to reply to each one :)