July 13, 2015

Monochromatic with Sequins









Usually I would have paired this sequin top with a black pencil skirt or jeans. I just wasn't feeling that yesterday though. I wanted to try something new. So, I decided to go for a more monochromatic look. When I first tried it on, I wasn't sure about it but by the end of the day I loved it! That's usually what happens when I try something new. Since it's different, I'm often unsure if it looks good. Once I get used to it, I almost always like it. A good example of this is wearing red lipstick. I was convinced that it looked terrible on me. I would always put it on and then take it straight off. One day my husband told me just to try wearing it a whole day. He thought it looked nice so I agreed to do it. Now I wear red lipstick all the time. Well, not literally all the time. It would just be a waste to wear it to bed ;)
Sequin top: Target (similar here and here)  ||  Cream pencil skirt: Victoria's Secret  ||  Black d'orsay heels: Anne Klein (similar here)  ||  Floral necklace: H&M  || Gold watch: Kate Spade (similar here


Usually I would have paired this sequin top with a black pencil skirt or jeans. I just wasn't feeling that yesterday though. I wanted to try something new. So, I decided to go for a more monochromatic look. When I first tried it on, I wasn't sure about it but by the end of the day I loved it! That's usually what happens when I try something new. Since it's different, I'm often unsure if it looks good. Once I get used to it, I almost always like it. A good example of this is wearing red lipstick. I was convinced that it looked terrible on me. I would always put it on and then take it straight off. One day my husband told me just to try wearing it a whole day. He thought it looked nice so I agreed to do it. Now I wear red lipstick all the time. Well, not literally all the time. It would just be a waste to wear it to bed ;)

On a little fun side note, Eve has a very high opinion of water. At church yesterday she drank a sip of water and then told me, "Mmm, water! My favorite! Water is delicious!" Pretty sure if a cup of water and a cup of chocolate milk were put in front of her, she would pick the chocolate milk every time though.


Other ways I've worn: sequin top
See post here














Other ways I've worn: cream pencil skirt
See post here



Linking up with: Watch What I'm Wearing, Let It Shine, Mix It Monday, Sophisticated Style, How I Summer, Style to Inspire, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, On Trend Tuesday, Trend Spin

8 comments:

  1. Pretty office look, Sierra! I love the back of your pencil skirt. So cute!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! I like that you wore this sequin top with a light colored skirt! Makes it so perfect for summer!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the outfit :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this top. Beautiful ombre like effect here. I love that you included other ways you wore these pieces. (:

    I'm with Eve, nothing like water on a hot summer day. (;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! The monochromatic look with a pencil skirt is great, I'm gonna have to search my closet for how I can copy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This top is so beautiful! The sequins are subtle and awesome.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a perfect look, that top is gorgeous and I really like the back of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day! I'll do my very best to reply to each one :)