July 27, 2016

A Casual LBD










In an effort to wear fewer unflattering pairs of bermuda shorts this summer, I've been investing in more cute, comfortable dresses. And I figured a LBD was a pretty practical addition. It's a nice, simple canvas to work with. It can be dressed up or dressed down just by switching the shoes and accessories. It can also work in fall/winter with a cardigan or button down and a pair of tights, colored or not.

A simple dress like this can really let a necklace take the spotlight. In this case, I wore the Kendra Scott necklace I got in my latest Rocksbox. I'm really tempted to keep this one. And since it's through Rocksbox, there's a pretty significant discount! What do you think? Is this one a keeper? Remember that you can get one month of Rocksbox free with code sierraelizabethblogxoxo.




Now I thought I'd talk a little about the makeup in this look. I used the Naked 2 palette on my eyes for a cool, taupe-toned look. For those of you who own this palette, I used Tease in the crease and on the outer and inner corners of my main lid. I added Chopper to the middle of my lid and a small amount of YDK into my crease. Then I added a Busted to the outer corner. I also put Tease along my lower lash line.

On my lips I wore a combination of Pacifica's Power of Love Lipstick in Nudie Red and NYX's Lingerie in Baby Doll.


Linking up with: What I Wore, WIWW, Color and Grace, Fresh Fashion Forum, Classy Wednesday, Jersey Girl, Texan Heart

5 comments:

  1. Very attractive as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple dress! They're so versatile and can be styled plenty of ways with enough creativity. I also have a similar tee dress, but mine is swingy!

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this look is so chill! From the basic wardrobe staple, to the matte makeup. I love this combo on you and it's something we can all pull off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dress to show your body figure, good choice for hot summer wearing.

    http://www.fairyin.dk/aften-kjoler

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They always make my day! I'll do my very best to reply to each one :)